TO ALL WHO HELPED DJIBI AND SALI: Their visas have been APPROVED. We would like to wish them the most wonderful, fruitful first visit to the United States. Go see them at Brown's Rhythm of Change Festival March 2-4. See you back here in Mali for the hot season!
GROUP RESIDENCIES EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS INDIVIDUAL CLASSES & APPRENTICESHIPS RESEARCH HOUSING
DJEMBE DRUMMING DJOUN-DJOUN DRUMMING TRADITIONAL & CONTEMPORARY DANCE MALIAN INSTRUMENTS & MORE
YEREDON is run by Seydou Coulibaly, nationally-renowned Malian dancer, and Michelle Bach-Coulibaly, Brown University Professor of Dance and Mande Culture, who share a commitment to bringing people of all backgrounds and interests to Mali to learn about its art, music, traditions, and culture directly from the source. We hope you'll discover Mali's rich artistic history with us, stay at our beautiful house in Bamako, meet our amazing local artists and guides, and explore Mali's incredible offerings.
- Classes in Dance, Djembe Drumming, Contemporary Dance, Bogolan Mud Dying, local languages, and much more
- Comfortable rooms with fans, mosquito nets, electricity and access to Western bathrooms
- Delicious traditional Malian meals
- Stunning views of Bamako
- Local guides and translators, and tours to cultural sites and festivals upon arrangement
- Make a difference: contacts with local volunteer organizations
- All-inclusive summer program for all ages
- Individually built programs for your arts company, group or school
YEREDON - Rue 284 Porte 159 Doumanzana, Bamako, Mali - firstname.lastname@example.org
Photos courtesy of Sophia Shackleton, Sharon Kivenko & Alex Helsinger, Alexandra Chemla, Erich Ludwig, Julia Bond. Some Rights Reserved.